Session TwoMaking a heart connection with your child
1. Relationship and heart connection should be what motivates us as parents.
We love because he first loved us.
John 4:19, NIV
2. We should seek to relate to our children as God relates to us; through love and freedom not fear and control.
For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love.
Galatians 5:13, New Living Translation
3. As we relate to our children as God relates to us they will experience something of God’s love for them.
May you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.
Ephesians 3:18, New Living Translation
- How would you describe God’s parenting style compared to yours?
- How can you help to strengthen your heart connection with God?
- How can you help to strengthen the heart connection with your child this week?
- How can you help your child to live in greater freedom?
- Spend some time chatting with God about each of your children. Tell Him what you love about your child and the struggles you are having and then seek Him on how to reflect His heart for your child. Write down anything you get from God.
- Put aside time to connect with your child. Find a fun activity to do together.
- Think about what choices you would like to give your child this week and how you can help guide them if they make a wrong choice.