We believe our youngest children can also meet with God and learn to hear his voice. In this series of eight video blogs and accompanying material, we look at key principles and practical topics. Delivered by weekly email so you can watch and study in your own time.
Session OneStewardship of our children
1. Kingdom parenting involves stewardship not ownership.
So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he shall be given over to the Lord.
1 Samuel 1:28 (Hannah and Samuel), NIV UK
2. God created our children intentionally and for purpose.
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Psalm 139:13, NIV UK
The lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save, He will take great delight in you; in His love He will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17, NIV UK
3. Our role is to direct children to relationship with God.
Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.
Proverbs 22:6, NIV UK
4. Parenting is not about my inability, but trusting in God’s ability.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5, NIV UK
- What is your current mind set on parenting? Is it based in fear or freedom?
- Are you currently in a position of stewardship parenting or ownership parenting? What does this look like for you, your child and your family?
- How do you direct your child to God? What will you do this week to try to do this?
- Do you trust God with your child? What does this look like?