Session FiveShare what God is doing now
1. God wants us and our children to talk about who He is and all that He has done for us.
2. We need to model testimony-sharing to our children and help them to share their own stories.
3. It is good to keep a record of our journey with God and remind ourselves of it often.
- When is the best time to share with and hear from your children?
- Are you making the most of opportunities to do this?
- How do you share testimonies with your children?
- How do you help your children access other’s testimonies?
- Set up a way of recording testimonies from your family (journal, email account, video, etc)
- Take time to share a story about what God is doing in your life at the moment, or a story when you really saw Him at work in your life.
- Talk to your child about the testimonies shared at church this week, or about a testimony you heard recently. Remember to talk about what this story shows us about who God is.
- Remind your child of a time when they saw a direct answer to one of their prayers.
From the Bible
Return to your home, and declare how much God has done for you.” And he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city how much Jesus had done for him. Luke 8:39, ESV
Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God. 2 Timothy 1:8, ESV
My mouth will tell of your righteous acts, of your deeds of salvation all the day, for their number is past my knowledge. With the mighty deeds of the Lord God I will come; I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone. O God, from my youth you have taught me, and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds. So even to old age and gray hairs, O God, do not forsake me, until I proclaim your might to another generation, your power to all those to come. Psalm 71:15-18, ESV
So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven. Matthew 10:32, ESV